If your idea of washing and drying lettuce involves rinsing off lettuce leaves and placing them on paper towels to dry, a salad spinner could be a practical investment. This handy kitchen gadget is affordable and convenient, whether you make salads on a daily basis or just on occasion. Most can also be used to wash fruits and other vegetables.
While buying a salad spinner is a relatively straightforward process, you’ll want to keep the overall size and spinning mechanism in mind. Those with arthritis or mobility issues may want to consider spinners that are easier to use and don’t require as much strength. If you have limited storage or countertop space, a smaller salad spinner is best. Other features to keep in mind are whether the spinner is dishwasher safe, and if the lid can be disassembled for cleaning.
We’ve rounded up our picks for the top best salad spinners below. If this list doesn’t have the right option for you, browse more salad spinners on Amazon for a wider selection.
1. OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
The OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner, available in white and green, is recommended by America’s Test Kitchen for its user-friendly design and versatility. Features include a single-handed operation with a pump mechanism for spinning the lettuce to get rid of excess water. There’s also a brake button to quickly halt the process. You can push the mechanism down and lock it into place for easy storage. This salad spinner can be disassembled for cleaning. The parts are safe for the top rack of the dishwasher. You can use the 6.22-quart clear bowl for serving, while the 4.95-quart basket doubles as a colander.
Buy the OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner here.
- Available in two colors
- Can be disassembled for cleaning
- Dishwasher safe parts
- A bit large/bulky for storage
- Water tends to collect inside the lid
- A few mention the plastic components are prone to cracking over time
Find more OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
2. Culina Space Saving Salad Spinner
As its name suggests, this salad spinner is ideal for those who are looking for a smaller spinner. The 5-quart spinner includes a clear bowl, colander, and a lid. There’s a stop button on the lid in case you need to rapidly halt the spinning process. To use, just spin the hand crank to remove excess water. You can also use the spinner as a large fruit bowl.
An even smaller 3-quart version is also available.
Price: $35.31 (21 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Culina Space Saving Salad Spinner here.
- Smaller capacity
- Doubles as a large fruit bowl
- Stop button on lid
- A bit large for a space-saving spinner
- Flimsy plastic material
- Some say it can warp in the dishwasher
Find more Culina Space Saving Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
3. ZYLISS Easy Spin Salad Spinner
In addition to the fact that it comes in two colors, green and white, this salad spinner is also available in two distinct sizes. The smaller size holds enough for two to three servings, while the larger size can fit enough lettuce for four to six servings. The spinning mechanism on this salad spinner is a handle, which you simply pull to spin the lettuce dry. Other features include a brake button and a non-slip base.
Price: $26.99 (10 percent off MSRP)
Buy the ZYLISS Easy Spin Salad Spinner here.
- Available in green and white
- Ergonomic pull handle for easy spinning
- Comes in two sizes
- Lid may need to be moved around a bit to get it into alignment
- Pulling the string too forcefully can potentially cause it to break
- Lid tends to collect water
Find more ZYLISS Easy Spin Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
4. Cuisinart Salad Spinner
To operate the 5-quart Cuisinart Salad Spinner, just add the desired amount of water through the top opening then turn the spin knob. When you’re done, just drain the water out of the same opening in the top. This convenient setup means that you can wash and dry lettuce and other greens without removing the lid. The lid locks for storage. As an added bonus, the clear base doubles as a serving bowl.
Price: $16.99 (47 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Cuisinart Salad Spinner here.
- Lid doesn’t have to be removed to add and drain water
- Operates using a spin knob
- Lid locks for storage
- Only comes in one size/color
- Flimsy plastic material
- Water can spill out if overfilled
Find more Cuisinart Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
5. Pykal Salad Spinner
If you prefer not to use plastic, consider this stainless steel Pykal Salad Spinner. The bowl has a 6.8-quart capacity and is made with a rust-resistant stainless steel material. The colander basket has a 6.34-quart capacity, which is plenty for washing and drying larger amounts of lettuce. To wash and dry the lettuce, just push down on the push handle. A set of tongs is included. This salad spinner comes with a one year warranty.
Price: $36.99 (37 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Pykal Salad Spinner here.
- Made with rust-resistant stainless steel
- Large capacity
- Includes a set of tongs
- Only comes in one size
- A bit large/bulky
- Pricier than many plastic spinners
Find more Pykal Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
6. HULLR Salad Spinner
The HULLR Salad Spinner has a distinctive spout that lets you add your favorite dressing or oil to the lettuce without removing the lid. In fact, the same spout allows you to drain water as well while keeping the lid in place. The spinner is made with BPA-free material and is large enough to wash enough lettuce for the entire family. You can also use it to wash and dry fruits and vegetables. To operate, just turn the spin knob. A nonskid base keeps the spinner firmly in place. The clear base also doubles as a serving bowl.
Price: $17.99 (40 percent off MSRP)
Buy the HULLR Salad Spinner here.
- Spout lets you add oil and drain water without removing lid
- Made with BPA-free material
- Nonskid base
- A bit large/bulky
- Only comes in one size
- Some wish the knob handle was easier to grip
Find more HULLR Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
7. Progressive Collapsible Salad Spinner
If storage space is an issue, or you simply want a salad spinner that takes up a minimal amount of space, consider this 3-quart collapsible salad spinner. When you’re finished washing and drying your lettuce, just collapse the basket and bowl for storage. The spinner will take up about half of its fully expanded size for storage. When it’s time to clean, simply place the parts in the dishwasher. A nonskid base keeps the spinner from sliding around during use.
A smaller 2.5-quart spinner is also available.
Price: $19.58 (13 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Progressive Collapsible Salad Spinner here.
- Collapsible for easy storage
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- Nonskid base
- Some find the smaller handle a bit tricky to use
- Can be tough to quickly spin the handle
- A few mentioned theirs warped in the dishwasher
Find more Progressive Collapsible Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
8. OXO Steel Salad Spinner
The OXO Steel Salad Spinner shares many of the same features as the OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner, although there are some notable differences as well. The most obvious is the fact that this spinner is made with stainless steel, compared with the plastic OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner. It also has a 6.34-quart bowl capacity and 4.95-quart basket capacity. In comparison, the OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner has a 6.22-quart bowl capacity and a 4.95-quart basket capacity. This spinner also has a user-friendly pump mechanism and brake button along with a nonskid base. The clear lid lets you see inside and can be disassembled for cleaning. The entire salad spinner is safe for the top rack of the dishwasher.
Buy the OXO Steel Salad Spinner here.
- Clear lid lets you see contents
- All components are dishwasher safe
- User-friendly pump mechanism
- Prone to wobbling when full
- Plastic components can warp when exposed to heat
- A bit pricey
Find more OXO Steel Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
9. Westmark Vegetable and Salad Spinner
The Westmark Vegetable and Salad Spinner comes in a variety of colors and is backed by a five year warranty. The components are dishwasher safe, which makes cleanup that much easier. To wash and dry the lettuce, just use the spin mechanism. When enough water has collected you can drain it with the pouring spout without removing the lid. An ergonomic handle makes the spinner efficient and comfortable to use.
Price: $19.97 (33 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Westmark Vegetable and Salad Spinner here.
- Available in several colors
- Backed by a five year warranty
- Made in Germany
- Doesn’t have a nonskid bottom
- Some find the hand spinning mechanism a bit awkward
- A few mention the lid doesn’t seem to snap on securely
Find more Westmark Vegetable and Salad Spinner information and reviews here.
10. Bella Battery Operated Salad Spinner
This one-touch battery operated salad spinner is a practical choice for anyone with arthritis or who find it difficult to push or pull to wash and dry lettuce. To use the spinner, just add your desired amount of lettuce then push the button to begin. Press the button again to stop the spinner. The bowl has a 4-quart capacity can be used for serving. This salad spinner has a nonskid base and runs on four AA batteries. Both the bowl and basket are safe for the top rack of the dishwasher.
Buy the Bella Battery Operated Salad Spinner here.
- Ideal for anyone with arthritis or limited hand/arm mobility
- Starts and stops with the push of a button
- Safe for the top rack of the dishwasher
- Button needs to be held down the entire time to spin
- Requires several AA batteries for operation
- Some find it tricky to remove the battery cover