Holiday—aka party—season is upon us. Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, New Year’s Eve … the list of events you are either getting ready to attend or to host goes probably seems endless.
And if tablescaping and planning menus is your thing, then it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Need some inspiration as you decorate your desserts to match your flower arrangements? Or sift through Pinterest to pick a party theme? We’ve got you covered. We reached out to five event planning pros and asked them to spill the best entertaining book they’ve ever read.
VIDEO: 3 of the Best & Affordable Wine Clubs
From Ina Garten’s best party recipes to designer Kate Spade’s top tips for throwing an elegant fête, here are five books the experts swear by that are guaranteed to up your entertaining game this holiday season.
RELATED: How to Make the Most Insta-Worthy Turkey, According to Celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson
Barefoot Contessa Parties!, by Ina Garten
Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service, by The Disney Institute and Theodore Kinni
Treme: Stories and Recipes from the Heart of New Orleans, by Lolis Eric Elie
What to Drink with What You Eat, by Andrew Dornenburg and Michael Sofronski
Occasions, by Kate Spade
- 1 Barefoot Contessa Parties!, by Ina Garten
- 2 Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service, by The Disney Institute and Theodore Kinni
- 3 Treme: Stories and Recipes from the Heart of New Orleans, by Lolis Eric Elie
- 4 What to Drink with What You Eat, by Andrew Dornenburg and Michael Sofronski
- 5 Occasions, by Kate Spade