It’s time for another Splatoon 2 patch and this one actually changes a good amount of things. Many of the weapons and abilities receive changes so it’s worth checking out the patch notes if you’re going to be playing any time in the future.
Many of the guns now require less time to charge up the special while some now take longer. The Tri-Slosher received the biggest nerf so far as both its range and damage have taken a hit with this new update. Sorry, Tri-Slosher users!
On top of the general stat changes, Salmon Run received some changes that will affect a few things but it’s mostly bug fixes. The weapon changes outline in the patch notes also affect Salmon Run.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for Splatoon 2 Patch 1.3.0.
- Changes to Salmon Run
- Changes made to the Sting Ray and Splashdown specials for multiplayer also apply to their use in Salmon Run.
- Bombs thrown by the Steelhead will no longer land on top of Flyfish or Scrappers.
- Fixed an issue causing no damage to be dealt to Steel Eels hit with a Sting Ray if the Sting Ray’s shot inked any portion of the Steel Eel other than the pilot even slightly.
- Fixed an issue preventing damage from being dealt to a Griller hit with a Sting Ray attempting to hit its weak point by shooting through it. Sting Rays that only hit the main body of a Griller will now also deal some damage.
- Fixed an issue causing Steelheads that appeared in specific locations of the Lost Outpost stage not to attack.
- Fixed an issue where two players attempting to pick up a single Golden Egg just prior to the end of a wave caused one of them to be unable to pick up any Golden Eggs during the following wave.
- Fixed an issue where after playing Salmon Run online, players from your session who appeared in Inkopolis Square were always equipped with the Splattershot Jr.
- Fixed an issue where players who disconnected just prior to starting a round of play would appear to be holding a Rainmaker-like weapon.
- Fixed an issue causing the location of the arrow indicating the player’s character as well as their title to be incorrect on the result screen when other players disconnected just prior to the end of a round of play.
- Fixed an issue causing players using Roller-type weapons to get a communications error after holding the inking button for an extended period.
- Changes to Splatfest
- Fixed an issue where during a Splatfest, all players you recently played with appeared in Inkopolis Square with a Splatfest Tee with no slots filled in, regardless of the actual status of their Splatfest Tee.
- Experience points required to fill in slots on Splatfest Tees have been changed in the following ways:
- Slot 1 – 4000 > 7500
- Slot 2 – 8000 > 7500
- Slot 3 – 12000 > 7500
- Total – 24000 > 22500
- Changes to Multiplayer
- In Ranked Battle, regarding the special gauge increasing automatically based on mode-specific conditions, until now the special gauge would fill up regardless of the points required for the main weapon being used. Now, main weapons with a lower special gauge point requirement will have their gauges filled faster, and those with a higher point requirement will have their gauges filled more slowly.
- Fixed an issue causing the area below where shots from a Sloshing Machine or Rainmaker hit a wall to not be inked.
- Fixed an issue where players with the Inkbrush or Octobrush equipped occasionally dealt continuous damage to opponents when coming into contact with them on uninkable surfaces.
- Fixed an issue causing Sponges touched by an Inkbrush or Octobrush to expand rapidly.
- Fixed an issue where players with a Roller or Brella-type weapon equipped would temporarily be unable to recover from damage after coming into direct contact with an opponent and being knocked back.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from damaging opponents via direct contact immediately after performing a vertical swing with a Roller-type weapon.
- Ink splats will no longer appear on players submerged in ink when hit by a Sting Ray fired by one of their allies.
- Fixed an issue causing shots from the Inkjet to occasionally disappear without exploding when hitting stage objects at certain angles.
- Fixed an issue where players with active Ink Armor hit by the Splat Brella would react as though protected by the armor, but also as if they had taken damage.
- Fixed an issue preventing ink from properly appearing on walls where the wall intersected with a grate.
- Fixed an issue when using Spectator Mode in Private Battle that caused Squid Beakons to not be destroyed after being used.
- Fixed an issue causing walls intersecting with grates to appear uninked when hit with the explosion from a Suction Bomb.
- Fixed an issue causing players to clip into stage objects on Sturgeon Shipyard.
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed.
- ・Changed maximum damage from 62.0 to 52.0.
・Decreased firing range by roughly 9%.
- Specifications for some of the special weapons have been changed. Click here for details
- Specifications for some of the sub weapons have been changed. Click here for details
- Points required to fill the special gauge for some weapons have been changed. Click here for details
- Other Changes
- When talking to Murch, a player’s current money and Super Sea Snails will now be displayed in the upper right portion of the screen.
- Fixed an issue in Ranked Battle where teammates disconnecting while your Rank Meter was empty would mistakenly cause it to appear to be cracked.
- Fixed an issue causing certain gear, such as the Splatfest Tee to be ranked incorrectly when sorting gear by “Most used”.
- Fixed an issue where no damage was dealt when slowly rolling into the dummies when testing the Baller special.