Rebecca Burger Cause of Death: How Did Fitness Blogger Die?

48


rebecca burger

Rebecca Burger

Rebecca Burger, a popular fitness blogger in France, has died in a freak accident.

The cause of death? According to her family, Rebecca was killed by an exploding whipped cream dispenser that struck her thorax.

Rebecca’s family posted a photo of the same type of dispenser on Instagram, writing in French. The translation of the caption says, “Here is an example of a chantilly siphon that exploded and struck Rebecca’s thorax, resulting in her death. Precision: the siphon that caused his death was put under seal. Do not use this kind of utensil in your home! Several tens of thousands of defective devices are still in circulation.”

In another post to Rebecca’s popular Instagram page, the family wrote, “It is with great sadness we announce the death of Rebecca who died the June 18th, 2017 in an accident in the home.”

Rebecca filled her Instagram page with photos of herself,travel, and food. She had more than 150,000 followers on Instagram and was 33-years-old.

According to BBC, French media “reported she had died of cardiac arrest after the incident, despite medical attention.”

The BBC reported that she was a well-known social media presence in France, also earning more than 50,000 followers on Facebook.

BBC reports that the whipped cream dispenser like the one that killed Burger has been associated with injuries in France.

“A whipped cream dispenser works by injecting gas into a metal container, keeping the entire dispenser under high pressure. One French consumer group has warned readers for years about faulty connectors on the gas capsules, causing them to break and expel at high speed,” BBC wrote.

Problems with the canisters date back to at least 2010, wrote the BBC, which reported that some devices made after 2015 are safer but at least one manufacturer had instituted a recall. “The injuries caused range from broken teeth and tinnitus to multiple fractures and, in one case, the loss of an eye,” BBC reported.