Political scientist Zbigniew Brzezinski, the father of Morning Joe host Mika Brzezinski, was marred to sculptor Emilie Venes Brzezinski. Brzezinski died on May 26 in his sleep, Mika announced on Instagram.
Here’s what you need to know about Emilie.
1. Emilie & Zbigniew Married in 1961
Emilie and Brzezinski married in 1961. As a Washington Post profile notes, she was born in Switzerland in 1932 and immigrated to London when World War II began. But the war followed them, so they left Europe completely and moved to California in 1943. The crossed the Atlantic while German U-Boats attacked.
Although her family moved to California, she traveled to Massachusetts to earn a Fine Arts degree at Wellesley College. She met Brzezinski while working at Harvard University’s Littauer Library.
2. Emilie Is a Sculptor, Working Mostly in Wood
3. They Had 3 Children Together
4. Their Sons are Lawyer Mark & Former Bush Aide Ian
5. Their Daughter is Mika Brzezinski, the Co-Host of MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’
Zbigniew Brzezinski Dead: Foreign Policy Icon was 89
Zbigniew Brzezinski, who served as Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser during Carter’s entire presidency, has died.
Click here to read more