College student accusing Chinese billionaire of rape: I told him ‘no’


Fresh details have emerged on the horrific rape accusations against Chinese billionaire Richard Liu, who allegedly sexually assaulted a college student in Minneapolis in late August.

The 47-year-old e-commerce tycoon — said to be worth $7.5 billion — took his 21-year-old victim to her apartment and “pulled off her sweater over her protests,” as he began his sexual assault, according to previously unreported texts and statements to police reviewed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

The victim told police, “I told him ‘no’ several times,” according to the newspaper, which reported the new details of the alleged crime on Friday.

Liu — the chief executive of, an eBay-like retail Web site in China — also tried to pull off the victim’s skirt and bra, held her arms and tried to throw her onto her bed, according to the paper.

The student alleged that she fought Liu off and got out of the bedroom. But Liu — who, the victim said, had pressured her earlier in the evening to drink heavily at a dinner with other students at a sushi restaurant — followed her and eventually overpowered her.

“We were battling against each other on the bed and finally I escaped from him and went back to the living room and put the bra back on again,” she told Minnesota police.

“Finally, he just threw me onto the bed. He was on me,” the victim told police, according to the newspaper. “He was heavy. I tried to push him away. But he was on top of me … and then he raped me.”

Afterward, the woman texted her friends on the WeChat messaging app.

“Liu Qiangdong is in my bed,” she wrote at 2:05 a.m. Friday, using the name by which Liu is better known in China. “He forcibly took me away last night and couldn’t escape,” she wrote in a second message.

“I was slept by him,” she wrote, the Mandarin idiom for being raped. “I didn’t do it willingly … I want to escape.”

Following the alleged attack, the victim called friends and the police. The cops came to her apartment and put Liu in handcuffs at 3 a.m. on Aug. 31.

The woman hesitated before pressing charges, and Liu returned to China the next day. Prosecutors in Minneapolis are reviewing the case, but they haven’t given a timeline for the investigation.

“Richard maintains his innocence, has cooperated fully with the investigation, and was quickly released by police without any restriction on his travel and without being required to post bail,” Liu’s lawyer Jill Brisbois said in a statement Monday.

“We believe his innocence will be apparent once a determination has been made and all evidence is disclosed to the public.”

With AP